Statute of Mondo Internazionale APS
1. The Association of Social Promotion "Mondo Internazionale APS", henceforth referred to as "Mondo Internazionale" or "Association", non-partisan and non-denominational, with registered office in the Municipality of Busto Arsizio (VA), Piazza Achille Venzaghi, no. 2, is hereby established per the Civil Code and Legislative Decree No. 117 of 3 July 2017 (hereinafter referred to as the "Third Sector Code") and subsequent amendments. The duration of the Association is unlimited.
1. The Association is a non-profit organisation and pursues civic, solidarity and socially useful purposes, by carrying out in favour of its members, their families or third parties one or more activities of general interest, under art. 5 of Legislative Decree 117/17, making use mainly of the voluntary work of its members or the persons belonging to the associated bodies. Mondo Internazionale Association considers the digital tool as a fundamental integral part of its activities, recognising its considerable importance in supporting the achievement of its objectives.
2. To achieve the above-mentioned aims, the Association shall exclusively or principally carry out the following activities of general interest:
a) education, instruction and vocational training, within the meaning of Law No 53 of 28 March 2003, as amended, as well as cultural activities of social interest with an educational purpose;
b) undergraduate and postgraduate training;
c) scientific research of particular social interest;
d) organisation and management of cultural, artistic, or recreational activities of social interest, including activities, including publishing, promoting and disseminating the culture and practice of voluntary work and activities of general interest referred to in this Article;
e) development cooperation, within the definition of Law No 125 of 11 August 2014, as amended;
f) commercial, production, education and information, promotion, representation, licensing of certification marks, carried out in the context of or for the benefit of fair trade supply chains, to be understood as a commercial relationship with a producer operating in a disadvantaged economic area, normally located in a developing country, based on a long-term agreement aimed at promoting the producer's access to the market and providing for the payment of a fair price, development measures in favour of the producer and the obligation of the producer to ensure safe working conditions, in compliance with national and international legislation, to allow workers to lead a free and dignified existence, and to respect trade union rights, as well as to commit to combating child labour;
g) promotion of the culture of legality, peace among peoples, non-violence and unarmed defence;
h) promotion and protection of human, civil, social and political rights, as well as the rights of consumers and users of the activities of general interest referred to in this article, promotion of equal opportunities and mutual aid initiatives, including time banks referred to in article 27 of law no. 53 of 8 March 2000, and solidarity purchasing groups referred to in article 1, paragraph 266 of law no. 244 of 24 December 2007.
3. The Association, therefore, may, by way of example and without limitation, within the framework of its general interest activities:
a. support young people in cultivating their passions on a national and international level by enhancing their skills and competencies;
b. promote and enhance, as institutional activities of the Association, training, research and information activities at national, European and international level, to be carried out in the fields of (among others) cultural diplomacy; public diplomacy; international relations; international defence and security; human rights; international cooperation; crisis prevention; promotion and enhancement of the role of international organisations; intercultural, interdisciplinary and intergenerational dialogue;
c. organise intercultural and interdisciplinary activities for the promotion of opportunities for dialogue and appreciation of cultures in the world;
d. manage and disseminate cultural information through the use of its portals www.mondointernazionale.org and www.mondointernazionale.com and its social channels;
e. produce, organise and promote activities to make known, enhance and promote everything related to the areas of knowledge of the values of the European and different international communities;
f. enhance solidarity in interpersonal relations to develop collaboration and cooperation between individuals with different professional or academic backgrounds and affiliations;
g. promote partnerships and/or collaborations and/or consultancies with International Organisations and Institutions, Public and Private Bodies, associations, enterprises and companies, both national and international, that operate in sectors similar to the discoveries pursued by the Association;
h. promote and enhance the establishment of activities, programmes and initiatives aimed at generating opportunities for meetings, comparisons and dialogue between universities and companies, to facilitate and promote the entry of young people into the world of work;
i. organise public events, seminars and conferences together with professionals in the field of journalism, diplomacy and international cooperation to share professional experience and expertise for the benefit of participants and/or associates;
j. encourage the free expression and objective study of international issues through editorial activities to stimulate the creative and relational skills of the members, acting according to criteria of objectivity in the Association's activities regarding cultural dissemination;
k. develop an associative network capable of laying the foundations for continuous improvements and strengthening the ideals of the Association, for which it undertakes to work for socially useful purposes, to act to ensure that this initiative also reaches European and non-European realities, to extend as far as possible the cooperation between individuals, universities and public and private institutions that share the aims of the Association itself;
l. favour the implementation of the principles of peace, security, prevention, pluralism of cultures and solidarity among peoples; as well as the promotion of the development of the human personality in all its expressions and the removal of obstacles that hinder the implementation of the principles of freedom, equality, equal social dignity and equal opportunities, favouring the exercise of the right to social protection, education, culture, training as well as the enhancement of professional aptitudes and skills;
m. it is forbidden from distributing, even indirectly, profits and surpluses as well as funds, reserves or capital during the life of the organisation unless the destination or distribution is imposed by law or permitted by law;
o. it is obligated to use the profits or surpluses to carry out the institutional activities and those directly related to them.
4. The Association may carry out different, secondary and instrumental activities concerning the activities of general interest, according to the criteria and limits provided for by the regulations in force, including the assumption of shareholdings in companies in compliance with Article 6 of Legislative Decree 117/2017 also through the use of voluntary and free resources. The body responsible for identifying the different activities that the association may carry out is the Steering Committee.
5. The Association may also carry out fundraising activities to finance activities of general interest, in any form, including in an organised and continuous manner and through solicitation to the public or through the sale or provision of goods or services of modest value, using its own resources and those of third parties, including volunteers and employees, in compliance with the principles of truthfulness, transparency and fairness in relations with supporters and the public, and accordance with legislative provisions.
6. The activities of the Association and its aims are inspired by principles of equal opportunities between men and women and respect for the inviolable rights of the person.
7. All activities are carried out by the Association mainly through the voluntary work of its members or persons belonging to associated bodies. The Association may also make use of employees or self-employment or other services, including those of its members, when this is deemed necessary for the performance of activities of general interest and the pursuit of its purposes. The number of workers employed shall fall within the limits set out in Article 36 of Legislative Decree No. 117 of 3 July 2017. The number of workers shall not exceed 50% of the number of volunteers or 5% of the number of total members.
1. Members are those who, without limitation as to financial conditions and discrimination of any kind, have applied in writing, have been admitted by resolution of the Steering Committee, pay the membership fee each year, and approve and comply with the articles of the statute and resolutions of the Association's bodies.
2. Other third-sector or non-profit organisations are members, provided that their number does not exceed fifty per cent of the social promotion associations associated with the Association which, having applied in writing, have been admitted by resolution of the Steering Committee, pay the membership fee each year, approve and comply with the articles of the statute and the resolutions of the association's bodies.
3. The body tasked with deciding on applications for admission of aspiring members is the Steering Committee.
4. Admission to the Association is decided by the Steering Committee based on a written application from the applicant, in which he must specify his complete personal details. According to the provisions of law no. 675/97, all personal data collected will be confidential and used for the sole purposes of the Association with the written consent of the member. Reasons must be given for any refusal.
5. Upon admission, the member undertakes to pay the annual self-financing fee in the amount set by the Steering Committee and approved in the budget by the Ordinary Assembly and to comply with this statute.
6. Temporary associates are not allowed.
7. The membership fee is not transferable under any circumstances and is not linked to the ownership of shares or quotas of an asset nature.
8. The Association provides for the following types of members:
a) Founding members: those who took part in the constitution of the association, have the right to vote and are eligible for social offices. Their status as full members is subject to registration and payment of membership fees.
b) Ordinary Members: those who have applied for and obtained the status of member from the Steering Committee. They have the right to vote and are eligible for social offices. Their status as full members is subject to registration and payment of the membership fee.
c) Honorary Members: those who have been granted the status of honorary member by the Steering Committee, which confers it for merit, for having made a particular commitment in the social, artistic and cultural spheres, those who have made a significant contribution to the Association's activities or who have made substantial donations. They have the right to vote and are eligible to hold office. Their status as full members is subject to registration and payment of membership fees.
d) Supporting Members: if the Ordinary Member does not carry out any activity for more than 60 consecutive days within the Association, he/she is automatically granted the status of "Supporting Member". They have the right to vote and are eligible for social offices. Their status as full members is subject to registration and payment of the membership fee. The Supporting Member has access to all the services offered by the Mondo Internazionale Association following registration and payment of the membership fee. The Supporting Member has the right to take part in the activities of the Association at any time, provided that he/she meets the requirements for the correct and profitable development of the activities.
e) The number of members is unlimited.
1. Admission to membership shall be subject to the submission of a written application by the persons concerned.
2. Applications for admission are decided on by the Steering Committee. In the event of rejection of the application, the Steering Committee must justify the rejection decision and notify the interested party. The interested party may, within sixty days of notification of the rejection decision, request that the Assembly decide on the application at its next convocation.
3. The Steering Committee shall ensure that new members are entered into the register of members once they have paid their membership fees.
4. Under no circumstances may admission be granted for a temporary period.
1. Membership is lost by death, withdrawal or exclusion.
2. Withdrawal by members must be communicated in writing to the Association at least four months before the end of the current year. Withdrawal shall take effect on the closing date of the financial year in which it is exercised.
3. Exclusion is decided by the Steering Committee with a reasoned resolution for arrears, non-compliance with the statutory rules, behaviour contrary to the achievement of the Association's purpose. This measure shall be communicated to the member declared excluded, who, within 30 days of such communication, may appeal to the Assembly by registered letter sent to the President of the Association.
4. In any case, before proceeding to exclusion, the member must be notified in writing of the charges against him/her, allowing him/her the right to reply. The excluded member may in any case appeal to the judicial authorities within the terms of the law.
5. A Member that has withdrawn or been excluded is not entitled to the return of the membership fees paid, nor is it entitled to any of the Association's assets.
1. Every member, who has been registered in the members' book for at least three months, is entitled to vote for the approval and amendment of the articles of this statute, for the election of the administrative bodies of the Association and is entitled to stand as a candidate for the bodies of the Association.
2. All members have the rights of information and control established by law and by the present statute: the associate cannot be remunerated in any way, but will only be entitled to the reimbursement of expenses incurred for the activity performed. If Mondo Internazionale makes use of the services of working associates for the pursuit of the activity of general interest and the pursuit of the organisation's aims, the working associate shall be entitled to remuneration within the limits of Article 8 paragraph 3 letter b) of Legislative Decree 117/2017.
3. Every member has the right to obtain information from the administrative body on matters concerning the activities of the association. Members or adherents have the right to examine the association's books, upon written request to the body that keeps them. The members' requests must be made at least fifteen days in advance.
4. All members have equal rights and obligations towards the Association.
5. The members shall have no claim against the common fund or other assets of the Association.
1. Members shall carry out their activities in the Association on a personal, voluntary and non-profit basis, according to their declared personal needs and availability.
2. The member's behaviour towards the other members and outside the Association must be animated by a spirit of solidarity and carried out with fairness, good faith, honesty, probity, and moral rigour, in compliance with these Articles of Association and the policies issued.
3. Members are obliged to comply with this statute and the resolutions legally adopted by the association bodies.
4. Members are obliged to pay the membership fee referred to in Article 3 of this statute.
1. The Association derives its economic resources for its operation and the performance of its activities from:
a. membership fees;
b. public and private contributions;
c. contributions from the State, public bodies and institutions or international organisations;
d. donations and testamentary legacies;
e. income from agreements or from the supply of goods or services to members or third parties;
f. income from marginal commercial and production activities or promotional initiatives;
g. asset returns, income and revenues relating to general interest activities and fundraising activities under Articles 5 and 7 of Legislative Decree No. 117 of 3 July 2017.
2. The Association cannot distribute, even indirectly, profits and/or surpluses as well as funds, reserves, howsoever called, to founders, associates, workers and collaborators, administrators and other members of the social organs, even in the case of withdrawal or in any other hypothesis of individual dissolution of the associative relationship.
3. The Association is obliged to use its assets, including any revenues, returns, income, revenue however denominated, to carry out its statutory activities for the exclusive pursuit of activities of general interest, according to Article 5 of Legislative Decree 117/17.
4. The financial year of the Association shall begin on 1st January and end on 31st December of each year.
5. At the end of each financial year, the Steering Committee is obliged to draw up a cash flow statement or balance sheet and to submit it to the Members' Meeting for approval by the end of March.
6. The Steering Committee shall document the secondary and instrumental character of any miscellaneous activities carried out in the documents of the cash flow statement or balance sheet.
1. The organs of the Association are:
a. the Assembly;
b. the Steering Committee;
c. the Scientific and Academic Committee;
d. the Development Committee;
e. the Board of Arbitrators;
f. the Board of Auditors;
g. the President, the Vice-President and the Secretary-General;
h. the Secretariat.
2. Membership offices are held free of charge. However, holders of membership offices are entitled to reimbursement of their expenses and possible insurance cover for the performance of their activities.
1. The Assembly is composed of all members entered in the register of members and can be ordinary or extraordinary.
2. Each member, whether a natural person, legal entity or collective entity, shall have one vote.
3. Each member may be represented at the meeting by another member by written proxy; each member may not receive more than two proxies.
4. The Ordinary Assembly expresses the will for all the activities of the Association and in particular:
a. approves the cash flow statement or the balance sheet and the social balance sheet, if any;
b. appoints and removes the members of the Steering Committee;
c. deliberates on other matters assigned to its competence by the law, the memorandum of the association or the articles of the association.
d. decides on appeals against decisions to refuse membership and to exclude the Association.
5. The Ordinary Assembly is convened by the President at least once a year for the approval of the cash flow statement or the balance sheet and whenever the President himself or the Steering Committee or the Board of Auditors or if 10% (ten per cent) of the members in good standing with the payment of the contribution fee deem it appropriate.
6. The Extraordinary Assembly decides on amendments to the articles of association, statutes, and the dissolution of the Association, or on the adoption of resolutions on mergers, demergers, or transformations. The Extraordinary Assembly is also convened when a request is made by the Steering Committee or, with written justification, by at least 10% (ten per cent) of the members in good standing with the payment of membership fees.
7. The Ordinary and Extraordinary Assembly shall be chaired by the President of the Steering Committee or, in his absence, by the Vice-President and, if both are absent, by another member of the Steering Committee elected by those present.
8. Meetings shall be convened by written notice by means that provides proof of receipt to be delivered at least thirty days before the date of the meeting, containing the agenda, day, place, date and time of the first convocation. Any second convocation may not take place on the same day as the first convocation. In the absence of formal convocation or failure to observe the terms of notice, meetings attended in person, or by proxy, by all the members and the majority of the association's individuals shall be equally valid.
9. The Assembly in the first convocation is valid if at least half of the members are present, while in the second convocation the Assembly is regularly constituted whatever the number of those present. In both cases, resolutions shall be passed by a majority of the votes of those present. The second convocation cannot take place on the same day as the first. The presence of at least three quarters of the members and the favourable vote of the majority of those present shall be required to amend the memorandum and articles of association. To resolve on dissolution of the Association and the devolution of its assets per Article 20 below requires the favourable vote of at least three-quarters of the members.
11. The assembly may be held in audio/video connection using remote communication tools (videoconference and teleconference), provided that:
(a) the President is allowed to ascertain the identity and legitimacy of those present, to regulate the proceedings of the meeting and to ascertain and proclaim the results of the vote;
(b) the person taking the minutes is able to adequately perceive the meeting events being recorded;
(c) those present are allowed to take part in the discussion and vote simultaneously on the items on the agenda.
12. The resolutions of the assembly are valid when they are approved by the majority of those present.
1. The Board consists of 7 (seven) members. The Members' Assembly appoints the members of the Board by choosing 2 (two) members among the Founding Members and 5 (five) among all Members. The members of the Steering Committee remain in office for 3 (three) years and may be re-elected.
2. In the event that, due to resignation or other causes, more than half of the members of the Committee fall from office, the Assembly must appoint the missing members.
3. The Steering Committee appoints from among its members a President, a Vice-President and a Secretary General.
4. The Steering Committee has all powers of ordinary and extraordinary administration, which it may also delegate, in whole or in part, to the President and Secretary General of the Association, within the limits allowed by law.
5. The Steering Committee approves the appointments made by the Secretary General for a Director of Human Resources, a General Manager, an Editorial Director and a Director of Administration.
6. In particular, the Steering Committee shall:
a. appoint the President, the Vice-President and the Secretary General;
b. approve by a two-thirds majority the appointments of the Treasurer and the Director of Marketing and Communication made by the President;
c. decide on the admission of members and, if necessary, give reasons for the rejection;
d. prepare draft cash flow statements or annual accounts and, if necessary, social balance sheets, documenting the secondary and instrumental nature of any other activities carried out;
e. establish the criteria for reimbursement to volunteers and members for expenses incurred for activities carried out in favour of the association;
f. direct, manage and co-ordinate the activities of any companies, movable and immovable property and foreign offices participated in and/or controlled by the Mondo Internazionale Association, subject to their foundation and dissolution;
g. direct, manage and coordinate the administrative activity of the Mondo Internazionale Secretariat.
7. The Steering Committee is chaired by the President or, in his absence, by the Vice-President, and in the absence of both, by the oldest member.
8. The Steering Committee shall normally convene every six months and whenever the President deems it appropriate, or when at least 2/3 (two thirds) of the members so request. It adopts its resolutions with the presence of a simple majority of its members and the favourable vote of a qualified majority of those present.
9. The Steering Committee shall meet at the registered office or at a different place indicated in the notice of convocation and may be held by audio/video connection through remote communication tools (videoconferencing, teleconferencing), provided that:
(a) the President may ascertain the identity and legitimacy of those present, regulate the proceedings of the meeting and ascertain and announce the results of voting;
(b) the person taking the minutes is able to adequately perceive the meeting events being recorded;
(c) those present are allowed to take part in the discussion and vote simultaneously on the items on the agenda.
10. Meetings shall be convened by written notice in a form that provides proof of receipt, to be delivered at least thirty days before the date of the meeting, containing the agenda, place, date and time of the meeting. In the absence of formal convocation or failure to give notice, meetings attended by all members of the Committee shall be valid.
11. At the opening of each meeting, a secretary is appointed from among those present, who draws up the minutes. The minutes of each meeting of the Steering Committee, drawn up by the Secretary and signed by him and by the person chairing the meeting, are kept on file.
12. For resolutions to be valid, the majority of the members of the Steering Committee must be present and the majority of those present must vote. In the event of a tie, the vote of the person chairing the meeting shall prevail.
1. The members of the Scientific and Academic Committee are appointed by the Steering Committee on the proposal of the Presidency. The term of office is three years. The Steering Committee, upon the proposal of the President, may revoke the appointment at any time. The members of the Scientific and Academic Committee may resign at any time upon written notification, by e-mail or certified e-email, to the President.
2. The Scientific and Academic Committee is chaired by the President of Mondo Internazionale.
3. The Scientific and Academic Committee advises the President and the Steering Committee on the Association's strategies at the national and international levels and expresses opinions on the scientific relevance of the work carried out by its members.
1. The members of the Development Committee are appointed by the Steering Committee on the proposal of the President. The term of office shall be three years. The Steering Committee, on the proposal of the President, may revoke the appointment at any time. The members of the Development Committee may resign at any time upon written notification, by e-mail or certified e-email, to the President.
2. The Development Committee is chaired by the President of Mondo Internazionale.
3. The Development Committee advises the President and the Steering Committee on the strategies of the Association in the national and international spheres and gives opinions on the professional relevance of the work carried out by its members.
1. The Board of Arbitrators consists of three members appointed by the associates' Assembly from among the members themselves for a period of two years.
2. The Board of Arbitrators, on its own initiative or at the written request of a body of the Association or of individual members, assesses any breaches of the articles of association committed by individual members or by the bodies of the Assembly, proposing the appropriate measures to the Steering Committee or the Assembly.
3. The Board also performs arbitration functions for the settlement of disputes between the Bodies of the Association, if so requested by the parties.
1. Where the law requires the appointment of a board of auditors, it may be composed either as a body of three persons or as a single person.
2. The members of the Board of Auditors must be chosen from among the categories of persons referred to in Article 2397, second paragraph, of the Civil Code. In the case of a collective composition of the control body, the aforementioned requirements must be possessed by at least one of the members.
3. The Board of Auditors shall be vested with the powers and duties provided for by law. The Board of Auditors shall operate and function per Article 30 of Legislative Decree No. 117 of 3 July 2017.
4. If the statutory auditor's appointment limits are exceeded, the board of auditors shall carry out the statutory audit and control. In this case, the board of auditors consists of statutory auditors entered in the appropriate register.
5. The Board of Auditors may decide to meet also in telematic mode, utilizing remote communication which allows the regular execution of the meeting and its functions.
1. The President, appointed by the Steering Committee by majority vote, is responsible for chairing the Steering Committee and the Assembly.
2. The President is responsible for representing the Association in dealings with third parties and in court. In the event of his absence or impediment, his functions are carried out by the Vice-President or, in his absence, by the oldest member.
3. The President directs the work of the Steering Committee and ensures the execution of its resolutions. In case of urgency, the President assumes the powers of the Steering Committee, asking the latter to ratify the measures adopted at the next meeting.
4. The President chairs the Scientific and Academic Committee, the Development Committee.
5. The President shall appoint a Director for External Relations and International Activities, a Director for Internal Relations and a Legal Advisor. He also appoints a Treasurer and a Director of Marketing and Communication with the approval of the Steering Committee by a 2/3 (two-thirds) majority.
1. The Secretariat is the body responsible for coordinating and carrying out the Association's internal administrative and operational activities.
2. The Secretariat is coordinated by the Secretary-General of Mondo Internazionale and is composed of the directors of the following Mondo Internazionale teams:
a) Treasury, Fundraising and Grant Management;
c) Marketing and Communication;
e) Human Resources;
f) External Affairs and International Activities;
g) Internal Relations;
h) General Management;
3. The Secretariat acts on the instructions of the Steering Committee and by delegation of the President and is responsible for coordinating the directors of the above-mentioned teams to carrying out coordination activities for the proper administration of the Association.
4. The Secretariat shall normally be convened every six months and whenever the Steering Committee deems it appropriate, or when at least 2/3 (two thirds) of the members so request.
5. At the opening of each meeting a secretary shall be appointed from among those present, who shall draw up the minutes. The minutes of each meeting of the Secretariat, drawn up by the Secretary and signed by him/her and by the person presiding over the meeting, shall be kept on file.
1. In the event of the dissolution of the Association for any reason, after the liquidation operations the residual assets shall be devolved, subject to the positive opinion of the office referred to in Article 45, c.1, of the Third Sector Code and unless otherwise required by law, to other Third Sector entities or, failing that, to the Fondazione Sociale Italia, in accordance with the provisions of Article 9 of Legislative Decree No 117 of 3 July 2017.
1. For all matters not provided for in this statute, the regulations in force governing Third Sector entities (and, in particular, Law no. 106 of 6 June 2016 and Legislative Decree no. 117 of 3 July 2017, as amended and supplemented) shall apply and, when not provided for therein and to a compatible extent, the provisions of the Civil Code shall apply.